Thread: combining

combining

IH 1688 combining oats

Re: combining

Nice picture.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Winnipeg???? I almost made it to Winnipeg once. I was driving in the rain at night from Minot toward Turtle Mountain Provincial Park up past the International Peace Garden and missed my turn off. Signs kept giving distance to The Peg as less and less. I pulled off on the shoulder, folded the back seat down (VW Variant wagon) and we climbed into our sleeping bags. Next day in the light and no rain, I turned around and went to the park.

Lots of guys from Minot AFB used to go to The Peg, preferring "Big City" Canadian girls to the local crop of farmer's daughters. Can't comment further, I was married.

I still remember those plains and horizon to horizon wheat fields. So flat you could see tomorrow coming and yesterday leaving.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

To the North and west Of Winnipeg there are some beautiful coulees and a few really nice towns.

It is my understanding that if one stood on the corner of Granville and Main on a typical Winnipeg winter day it would make Minot feel like vacationing in the Caribbean! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

NOT BLOODY LIKELY. More likely is the Peg would be no worse than Minot.

Coulees, yes, such fun running around in coulees with a bow and arrow trying to stay concealed and pop up within decent range of antelope. Plenty of fresh air and exercise and never a shot.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Uhh - Manitoba does not have Antelope.

Minot is in the Sun Belt compared to Winnipeg! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, The coulees in antelope territory were a couple hours south of Minot. I don't recall seeing antelope north of Minot the 3 years I was there defending the free world against the evil communists.

I was only near the Peg that one time and only went to Turtle Mountain that once. As I recall it was Labor Day and raining on one side of the park and snowing huge wet flakes on the other. We had snow on the VW's windshield about 4-6 inches thick except the tunnels cleared by the wipers. The line between snow and rain was vivid as if it had been scribed with a straight edge. We got a big laugh just as we left the snow for the rain and a guy was driving up with his kids in his pickup. There were water skis propped up in the back of the truck and a ski boat on a trailer behind the truck. He just stopped and looked and looked at the snow with his mouth hanging open in disbelief. So much for the day of water ski fun.

Pat

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]