Thread: Tractor chains

Tractor chains

I have a set of 4 ladder vbar chains for the rear tires on my little tractor. The ride on hard surfaces was less than desirable so I seldom used them in town.

Last week a fellow at a local " Small engines " shop told me he had fixed that same problem by adding diagonal links across every diagonal.

I did it and it works. My back said thank you! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Tractor chains

Egon, you have got to get a life. What are you doing up at five o'clock in the morning posting a picture of your tire chains? Are you so far north, that you live in the land of the midnight sun? No wait, that'd be in the summer. You've got me all confused. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: Tractor chains

It would have been about 6:30 AM Atlantic Time as I normally get up at about six o'clock. We have a dog who See's to that. And if the dog fails the cat takes over. I do to bed quite early just like us elderly folks should.

Tried the chains out at the farm yesterday. They are a real improvement both for ride and traction. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]