What is Gunite?
    Can you tell me more about it.
    Where do I get it?
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s

Re: Need help fast- large steep bank

Ahhh a perfect place for some good old Kudzu!!!!!!

http://www.maxshores.com/kudzu/

Just in case you are NOT kidding me... Gunite is a cementitious material that is applied with a type of spray gun.

It is a spray-on cement and is often used to stabilize steep dirt banks against erosion (and to make swimming pools and such) as well as to build homes that are make of cement with an inflatable (balloon like) form.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] On cut banks that lie alongside railroads and hiways, engineers use a technique to gather drainage that involves horizontal boring and insertion of perforated pipe. The water enters the perfs and the pipe conducts it to the edge of the bank where a swing elbow/tee/plug combo is attached. The water is gathered in a vee ditch and taken to a convenient culvert to cross the road. The perforated pipe is easy to make with hacksaw cuts and you can jet or drill it into place without much difficulty. We recently did this same trick to relieve water pressure from a pipeline leak on some basement walls. We bored the wall and inserted a ten-foot length of perforated copper with a valve on the basement end. We built a packing device to seal the pipe against the wall, then opened the valve and put a hose on the valve that took the water to a basement drain. It measured out to be 3.5 gallons per minute, and the municipal water company didn't care. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Dave, At 3 1/5 gal per minute, I'd be trying to find a use for the water and not just throw it away. That is enough flow to support an open loop Geo installation but that would be risky as some day they might fix it. How about irrigation? Was there any head to allow piping the water anywhere? If it was gravity only, I'd at least have a decorative fountain in my basement (and then toss the water.)

Pat

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Pat, that figured out to a little over 5,000 gallons per day. That is enough water for fifty homes!! We use ten gallons per day roughly,.....3,000 per month. we considered a catch basin and a pump system that could utilize the water for non drinking uses like toilets and laundry. The PROBLEM IS, .... the water company gets paid for DELIVERY OF WATER, and they could theoretically back charge for the water delivered to the property, regardless of the WAY it was delivered, and then just make up a number if the system was discovered. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Or alternatively you could sue them for flooding your basement and requiring you to take protective measures.

Pat

I thought gunite was what i tell the dog when i am going to sleepy land!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    No fun, change the rules!!!