Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is all the cold and snow stories?

Re: Where is all the cold and snow stories?

You may not be hearing from the folks in New York state that live on the eastern end of Lake Ontario because they are busy shoveling snow. They had upwards of eleven feet last week depending on the exact location and measurement techniques.

Here in north eastern PA, I have about a foot of mostly ice crystals and snow. You can hardly walk in it much less plow it. I spent about 5 hours digging at it with the front end loader bucket. I would have gone back out after dinner to have at it some more but the wind chill is going down to about -20. I don't think I will make it down the driveway to the township road tomorrow.

qrtrhrs, Yet another unsolicited but heartfelt testimonial in support of cabs!

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

It sure looks cold in those pictures. Right now it is 51 and it seems cold, must be the humidity in the air. Right now is seems colder than when it is 30 up north.

wsyr-tv in Syracuse NY
    Local news station posted these pictures sent in by residents of Oswego County NY, my count is 85 inches in a week, all attributed to "Lake (Ontario) Effect Snow" , if you add the most recent storm in NY , 2/15/07, well over 100 inches in 10 days [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] . Then just to make it interesting, add 35 MPH winds off the lake with tempts near 0 F. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Buck
    My tractor is not a toy, its one of many tools of the trade

20 degrees (F) on the car thermometer this morning. I almost turned around and went home again. This is Texas, for cying out loud!

Earlier this morning, NOAA was showing the temperature at the Denton airport to be 13, but my thermometer barely got below 20 and it's already warmed up to 22 here; 17 at the airport.

21 for the low in south MS. 40'ish for the high today, got a nice windburn after a day on the tractor.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"