Thread: Come see the kittens!

Come see the kittens!

Quick! Quick! Come see the kittens!

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Come see the kittens!

Now what are you going to do with those kittens? When I was a kid at Healdton, OK, I wanted a deodorized skunk for a pet. Someone gave me a baby skunk that didn't even have its eyes open yet. At the time, we had a cat in the barn with a new litter of kittens, so I took that baby skunk to see if the mother cat would nurse it. She did, and she licked and cleaned it, etc. After spending nearly all day with her, I decided it was safe to leave the baby skunk with her. And the next day everything was still fine, so I thought I had it made. The third day, there was just a little fur and toenails left of that skunk. She fattened him up for two days, then ate him. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BIrd, NATURES WAY!

My aunt taught high school biology for decades at Duncan. People used to drop off boxes of turtles, sacks of snakes, and all sorts of other critters at her house even if she wasn't home. For a long time she thought she wanted a deodorized skunk for a pet and finally got one.

When she went to school for the day she left it in the garage with the overhead door opened just a crack, not enough for the skunk to get out.When she came home the skunk was dead. A bunch of its guts were squeezed out its backside. She thought maybe a dog came sniffing around the garage and caused the skunk to try to spray it. I know they can make good pets, better than a raccoon.

Raccoons start out cute and cuddly but can get pretty mean when they get older. Some folks have kept possums as pets but I don't even want a house cat much less some wild critter indoors.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

When I was young, the neighbor kids got a skunk. It was cute, and a lot of fun to play with. One day the skunk lifted its tail at one of the kids, and there was a tiny, little odor. A while later, the skunk got larger. The kids startled the skunk while fooling around with it. The tail came up and there was a little 'pop' sound. The smell was pretty awful. About a week later, again while roughhousing with the skunk, the little fellow lifted his tail, and this time there was a little squirt. The gagging kids, being chased by the angry parents, gathered up the still-young skunk and took him back to the woods. The song "Born Free" wafted gently in the background.

Jazz, those folks were sure slow learners. Reminds me of the backwards family with 10 kids who didn't know what caused them.

My neighbor is one of those who didn't know what caused kids. The Dr. gave him a box of "male birth control" and a month later his wife was pregnant. Doc asked if he used the "male birth control" during the intimate times and he replied "yep, every time, except we don't have an organ so I put it on the piano before we did it, think that may have something to do with it?" [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Michael, I was chatting with some school nurses at San Diego State University and they were swapping funnies from their experiences. One of the nurses had done volunteer work in a poor section of town where one of her clients was given spermicidal jelly as an aid to birth control. She got pregnant anyway and when asked about using the jelly she commented they used plenty of jelly every time, religiously without fail. When they ran out she made him go to the store and get some grape jelly.

Pat (One of many true stories I heard) [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now that's what I call a Kodak moment.

Nice to see the young and the youngsters bonding a new friendship. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]