Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glooscap Land

Re: Glooscap Land

The bay of Fundy has about as big a tidal range as you'll find anywhere in the civilized world (if you call it civilization.)

My first sailboat was a twin bilge keel model made to stand upright when left moored in an area with high tidal fluctuations. Regular keel boats would lay down as the tide went out and might take water before they stood upright again or damage their hull if they settled down on a rock.

It was an English made boat, an auxiliary sloop by Silhouette Marine. Its inboard auxiliary engine was a Stewart Marine sea water cooled 1 1/2 HP @1500RPM 4 stroke hand cranked Lucas magneto fired little lump of cast iron that always worked, sort of. It could push the 17 foot cabin model cruiser up to about 5-5 1/2 MPH.

It would have been quite at home at Fundy. It had a fairly short mast and small sails indicative of being designed for an area with ample wind and of course the twin keel feature that allowed it to stand upright when fully abandoned by the sea at low water.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

They do make folding "hoods" for some digital cameras for that very reason. I have two older Nikon digital cameras, CoolPix 950 and 995, and they are available for those cameras.

I don't recall if you gave the make and model of your camera, but if you do so, I'll search and see if anything is available.

Or you could possibly construct your own out of illustration board or photo mounting board. Spray paint it flat black and stick it on with velcro.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I will figure out something. Maybe. A hood would be just too awkward to carry. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The one's I've sen only stick off the back of the camera 2 inches or so. It wouldn't even need to be attached. Put some foam rubber on the edge and hold it in place when you need the shade.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?