Thread: Skil Reciprocating Saw

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Skil Reciprocating Saw

Amazon.com has the Skil 9250-01 8 Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw for $70.90. It has the quick blade change feature. I need a reciprocating saw for occasional use on my farm, and I don't feel like spending $300 for the Milwaukee. I had a Harbor Frieght "heavy duty" reciprocating saw, and it worked as well as any, but after using it to cut up metal roofing for a project for several hours, the head of the saw finally gave out.
    Does anyone have this Skil saw, or know anything about it?

Thanks!!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Re: Skil Reciprocating Saw

Rich, I've used my brother's Milwaukee and it's a fine saw, but as you said, expensive. My own Makita JR3000VT cost me about $95, including sales tax, in July '03 and so far I like it just as well as, if not better than, the Milwaukee. But I have no experience with the Skil model.

Am not familiar with the Skil. I have a DeWalt model DW304P that I bought in 2005 for $125.00 and have wondered why I did without it for so long.

I have a corded Milwaukee two speed Sawzall. It works fine and in over 20 years of use it has only required one new cord and NOTHING ELSE but blades. I don't baby it, quite the contrary!

I have had other brands of electric hand tools that worked good but none have lasted like my Milwaukee stuff. I have a Milwaukee right angle 1/2 inch drill and a 3/8 Magnum Holeshooter drill that is more powerful than my Black and Decker geared down 1/2 inch.

There are lots of good tools on the market. I have never personally had any last better than a Milwaukee, On a cost per year bassis my Milwaukee are some of the cheapest to own.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"