Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter Sausage

Re: Easter Sausage

Oh, Polish sausage...

I thought maybe Easter sausage would have been made from rabbits (Easter bunnies.)

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Used to know a Cajun who would make Deer/Armadilo meat sasuage. He claimed the Deer was lean and the Armadilo had a lot of fat.
    I killed an Armadilo once and it stunk so bad I wouldn't consider eating it with anything!
    I spent 19 months in Germany in the ARMY. In Germany they had Bratworst stands on the street corners. I was told that most stands made their own Brats and they all seemed just a little different taste and texture, but VERY good!!

I've never eaten deer or armadillo sausage, but I've eaten some barbecued armadillo that was very good a couple of times. The venison I've eaten was steaks and roasts, but I've eaten caribou summer sausage and moose breakfast sausage (it had just a little pork fat added).

It also could have a LOT more flavor!!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] John, it looks like there wasn't much left after that dog got through with it. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Ever wonder what there seems to be a shortage of small wildlife in cajun country? They'll eat 'bout anything.

Armadillos are frequently carriers for leprosy. That fact alone makes me avoid handling them. I prefer not to inspect them too closely and when I do I prefer to do it through gun sights. You can't tell by looking as they don't get the disease just carry and spread the disease agent.

I'd rather eat rat on a stick.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"