Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You really should get one of these.....

Re: You really should get one of these.....

<font color="purple">There are people that couldn't backup a grocery cart at Walmart...
    Handyman
    ===============
    But I can at K-Mart !
    Does that count? </font color>
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s

For over 30 years I have used sheep and (more recently added) llamas to keep my grasses and fire danger(s) down. Plus, as I mentioned in another post, we use the llama poop as a high nitrogen source for fertalizer. The first two sheep I got to use as lawnmowers were named........... Briggs and Stratton.
    Chuck

Kubota L3400
    Mig and Stick Welders
    Sheep
    2 guard & 1 pack llama

My Honey has a Ground Master Toro 72" and a steering wheel and can mow right up next to a fence get the yard done in no time at all. About 8 hour to do about 20 acre campground with lots of trees, now that is flying.
    No fun, change the rules!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You are finding out that if you want to mow with the least fuel useage, you need to tow a trail-type mower with it's own engine, behind your regular mower tractor. The horsepower in that Swisher goes directly to the blades and is not lost in the hydrostat and is not used to pull the weight of the tractor and the driver. The extra fuel that the tractor uses to tow the Swisher is miniscule, and the net result is lower overall fuel consumption. We mow with TWO 42" lawn tractors and as a result, we use a huge amount of fuel. I had considered buying a Swisher a number of times, and then one day just before Christmas 2005, my neighbor gave us a brand new John Deere X-300 lawn tractor, so then we had the two-tractor mowing team. It was a chance for my wife to "adopt" our Craftsman mower and use it exclusively so that was a "good thing". I run the JD and do all the hard stuff like the edges and the ditches while she does the wide open spaces. We have about an acre to mow. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave