Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: whole house water filter

Re: whole house water filter

Gary the membrane/filter would "trap" dissolved solids if the calibrated leak there to wash off the surface of the membrane were not included. Even a wrapped fiber yarn type sediment filter could be made self cleaning if you had a system in place to wash its surface and let the gunk drain away... JUST LIKE AN RO.

My mesh pre-filter upstream of the sediment filter is 200 mesh, I think, and it has a ball valve at the bottom of the assy so you can flush out the filter. Would be wasteful of potable water to have it continuously flush itself and unnecessarily expensive to add a pressure controlled valve to turn off the flushing action when there was no flow.

The issue I raised and thought we were discussing was not what the majority of professionals such as you or laymen such as some of your customers called things it was the logical approach previously detailed. If this is about what the majority calls something I have wasted your and my time and logic is not applicable.

As a quick test I Googled on "RO FILTER" and got a jillion hits that had the terminology RO FILTER in them.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

For "RO filter" I get 29500 and for reverse osmosis system I get 1,400,000....

Gary
    Quality Water Associates

Gary, Did you subtract out the duplicates?

Well then, I guess we had better gut busy and email those site administrators that are displaying the information incorrectly as RO filters, huh?

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

late reply .... send a sample to A&M ... check out their website - they will do whatever set of tests you'd like ... starting at $20 for the basics. I sent a sample to cleanmywater.com (free test for selling me stuff) and another to A&M as a cross check.