Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many here own horses?

I don't actually own one, but I ride them regularly. There are several farms in the area and the owners are only too happy to let me ride them, so that the horses can get some exercise. They don't have as much time as they would like to ride.

Two of our daughters that are still at home have horses. Last count I believe there are 4 and one is expecting anyday. We have two Chilean mares, a young pinto stud and a palomino. The girls are into rescuing horses and breeding and selling horses. It's a great job for them.

About 40 atm... 4 stallions (3 Cleveland Bay Sporthorses, 1 QH) 4 geldings (1 WB, 1 Appy, 1 StB, 1 mini(our teaser)) and the rest are mainly mares and a few are youngsters...
    Want to have a stickybeak? CM Sporthorses - Cleveland Bay, Warmblood & Coloured Sporthorses.

We have two Missouri Fox Trotters. Horses are so funny, they all have their own personalities and sometimes do the darnest things that you just cant help but to laugh. Does anyone have a funny story they would like to share?

Weve got 3, heres a couple that my wife was working with yesterday.

It would be wonderful to own some horses but we have to settle for watching them at the neighbors. I also remember growing up when my best friend would go riding every weekend.

we have one Quarter Horse/Mustang cross and two Shetlands for the grandkids. We have had up to 5 at a time but due to us getting older we have had to thin the herd. Love the horses, hate the feed bills. Even though we have pasture for them we still buy feed and hay. The Shetlands don't do too good on the Fescue.

Thank you all for sharing! The pictures are wonderful. Ddigger your pasture looks fantastic, and your horses are beautiful! Now that it is getting to be Spring anyone starting to have problem with weeds?

Thankyou, here they are in a bit of a relaxed state.

Heres a couple of the arena and round pen I built for the Mrs.