Thread: Smilies come and go

Smilies come and go

Any idea if there is something I need to do to get smilies? For a while I didn't get to use them then they started working and worked for a long time and then lately clicking on a smiley has no effect.

Is it something i need to do and if yes, what?

TIA for any assistance.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Smilies come and go

Uhh - are you smillin when you try to access one??

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, they obviously worked for Egon, so I'll see if they still work for me. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Yep, I guess so. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You haven't let any of the magic smoke out of your computer, have you? That's about as much as I know about these machines. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Bird, The time period over which the smilies come and go can be months, not good in morning and then not in afternoon. I was hoping a sysadmin "root" kind of guy might have some suggestions.

This is funnier to me than you may realize. I'm having flashbacks to when I taught software engineering to university seniors and I'd frequently hear my students make comments like, "I only changed one thing and I put it back and now it $% ^& and ()^&$% all the time.

I did download the latest Firefox browser....... Hmmmmm.

Pat

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh Darn!!!! I can get smilies in Billy Gates' Internet Exploder!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Aww, man! I wanna use FIREFOX cause it is too cool!

???? You haven't let any of the magic smoke out of your computer, have you?

Darn those new more powerful fans!

Pat

Aaah, there's something I didn't think about since I've never used any of those exotic browsers. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

A common shortcoming of web pages is the developers make it sort of work right with Billy Gate's Internet Exploder and then quit, leaving other browsers unsupported.

There is still a bit of a mystery here but not worth my making a project out of it.

Pat (manually inserting smilies) [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Let's see if smilies work in Firefox fer me

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Well, good for you. What version of FF are you running? I'm running 2.0.0.3 (latest I think) and this isn't the first time I have had FF fail to do what IE does. I was writing it off to bad website capability but I suspect something is amiss with FF, at least my installation. Don't know what as I have tried to stay up to date with FF.

The "work for a while and then not" has been a mystery to me and remains so it seems. At least I can do the colon right parenthesis and semi-colon right parenthesis manually. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]