Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New vewhicle prices

New vewhicle prices

Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2000 will only buy a used one.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: New vewhicle prices

Well don't go look a t a new truck. I paid more for my F250 than I did for the first two houses I owned.

They're offering $2000 off on some Prius packages. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Jim, Thanks for the advice but you are a tad late as I bought a crew cab diesel 2008 F-250 Super Duty last week and am still working up to the 500 mile break in prior to towing.. The original post of this thread was a 1950's comment.

I have purchased two residential properties in my life. I paid $17,500 for the first, a two on one, and for a time lived in the smaller of the two houses, a one bedroom one bath 800 sq ft sharing a postage stamp sized lot. The first new car I bought was a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger which after dealer options cost $5000 and would go 165MPH. It got about 20MPG if you drove it semi sanely. My second new car was a1972 rotary Mazda 4 dr sedan for $4007.

My actual first new car was purchased and given to me by my mom, a 1962 VW bug and it cost about $1600 and got about 30-32 MPG.

Pat

Gary, Garrison Keeler said that Toyota has even more production capability now and the wait times for a Prius are getting shorter. We are only 2200 miles away from our 30,000 mile oil change on our 2004 Prius. We still love it. I am not amused by the 14.x MPG I register on the readout in the new F-250 diesel crew cab (300 miles)

The Prius is just so neat!!!! IT remains to be seen how many years it will last before maint and operations costs drive us to get rid of it. So far we just change oil and rotate the original tires. and let them do updates. (oil changes are free as long as we own it)

My wife wanted to know if we could get them to put the backup camera in ours. She doesn't understand about car dealers.

Pat

Well Pat I must a little older than you. My first car was a 1951 ford coup cost $300. My first new one was a 1965 mustang about $2000 or so. First new truck was 1975 ford I think it was $1800. I bought my F250 about 6 months ago when they were dumping all of the 06's. I don't like the way it drives but it sure huals the old horse trailers like they weren't there. Had a nice BMW Z3 up until we moved out here to middle of nowhere. It could not make it down the dirt roads so traded it for a Chev Alvalanch that my wife drives thats the best driving truck I ever drove. better than some sports cars I owned.

Older than me???? Next thing you will claim to be older than Bird and that the big rocks were still hot when you were a kid.

Pat

I didn't think anybody claimed to be older than me. And my first car was a 1946 Chevy with 90k+ miles on it and Dad gave $75 for it. If I remember right, Oklahoma title back then showed what it sold for new and I think it was about $1,046 or so. And my first showroom new car was the '62 Austin Healy Sprite that cost me $2,200. My first pickup was a new 1969 Chevy, cheapest short bed stripped down model you could get with a spare time and rear bumper and it cost me $1,948.10.

I give up no way i as old as BIRD

Hey Bird, You got one of he new modern sports cars with roll up windows. I had an older Sprite (Bug Eye model) with no windows. Side curtains if you wanted to plug the pneumonia holes like my '59 MG model A roadster. The stock sprite was something like 849cc displacement and could get 40 MPG. Mine had a racing cam, headers, and did well for such an itsy bitsy thing. At 6' 2" and 225lbs I didn't get into the car so much as put it on like a car suit.

Pat