Well not really raining fish but the ponds are overflowing due to the ground being saturated by previous rains. I walked through a field this morning and found thousands of small fish in the pasture swimming through the grass in water ranging from 0 to 2 inches deep from an over flowing pond. The swath with fish in it was up to 20-40 ft wide and 200 feet long (interpond distance.) They seemed to be mostly bluegill, and crappie, and maybe perch (I do better with ID with adults.)

It was some weird. At first when I saw motion near the dam of the lower pond I suspected tadpoles as they were 6-10 feet from the pond. It was strange walking through a pasture 100 ft from either pond and having multitudes of little fry swimming around my feet trying to avoid me.

They were mostly swimming up stream but I believe they were from the pond at higher elevation. At lunch I invited a neighbor to come over and net a bunch to put in his pond. The flow had subsided considerably but he got a hundred or so in 5 min without getting into water over his shoe soles.

Lots of the little fry are getting stranded and the birds and critters will have a picnic.

Pat