Thread: Dura-Kote any good?

Dura-Kote any good?

I'm looking to re-do the outside of my log home as the Behr product didn't last 3 years, and saw an ad for Dura-Kote. They have a 15 year warranty and can be applied over existing finishes so I wouldn't have to spend $10k to corncob blast my cabin. Anyone have any experience with this product? Thanks.
    2008 F-250 V-10 Loaded
    2007 Lincoln LT grocery getter
    2007 Kubota RTV 900
    1996 Ford Bronco

Re: Dura-Kote any good?

Never heard of it but... Try to look up info in Consumers Reports. They did tests of deck sealers and have done stains and paints too. For example, of the several brands tested Thompson's Water Seal came in 4th. Thompson's is bigger on advertising than performance. Don't get me wrong, Thompson's is a good product just far from the best or most economical.

Behr usually makes good stuff. Did you follow all recommendations about temp, humidity, recoating, and on and on?

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Dura-Kote any good?

Actually, Behr had a class action law suit against them for their "Rawhide" product, but no one in Idaho knew of it, so we missed out. We contacted them and they said they would reimburse us for the product and that's all. I'm looking at Sashco at the moment, but the Duracoat might still be in the running.

www.protectyoursurface.com
    2008 F-250 V-10 Loaded
    2007 Lincoln LT grocery getter
    2007 Kubota RTV 900
    1996 Ford Bronco