Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Table saw

Re: Table saw

Just stand on the loader and have your wife drive it into the patch Pat!!?? [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat, I thought it was normal for the biggest and best of any kind of fruit to be just barely out of reach. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Or vice versa! She should get to pick berries as a reward since the picker gets eatin' rights and she did help me unload some sheets of 3/4 MDF yesterday. Darn, that stuff is gettin' heavier and heavier over time.

This will be my first 4x8 sheet goods to be cut on the new saw and I am looking forward to getting at it later today. It should be a piece of cake compared to previous flails with a smaller saw. Gee, I won't know how to act with the ability to set the rip fence out to 52 1/2 + inches instead of about 12 1/2.

The adventure continues. the MDF will be interior structure of the built in cabinets and corner cabinets. Haven't decided what wood to use out in plain sight (face frames and drawer fronts.) Wife wants it painted white so no sense in wasting some good looking stuff. The sink in the tea room is in a cabinet done in bead board so I think I will do drawer fronts filled with bead board.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

No Bird, not quite right. The best fruit is just out of SAFE reach. You have to go a rung higher than is safe and stand on tiptoe and overreach to the side risking life and limb (yours as well as the tree's.) That way the reward for risking your life is a piece of fruit, just enough to lure you in your new found over confidence to repeat the behavior till you get hurt or worse.

With berries (and no ladder involved) the way it works is getting reduced to bloody hamburger while trying to reach those BIG JUICY looking berries. The chiggers and mosquitoes are just to provide variety and a change of pace from ticks.

Pat

P.S. 6 yrs later and since using permethrin to treat clothing we don't get ticks anymore or chiggers or through the clothes mosquito bites.
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"