Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nova Scotia Home

New Nova Scotia Home

I know some of you like to see what types of construction is going on in other parts of the country, so I thought I'd post a link to my
    blog on here.

The design is one I saw while browsing for plans on the Internet and the house looked perfect for my lot. The rest of the story is within the blog, and please bear with me, I am no computer guru, so formatting may get a bit ragged from time to time.

I plan to use this house weekends and for holidays for now, then when I retire in a year or two [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I'll sell my house here near Halifax and move up there FOREVER!

Feel free to post questions or observations. It's no Central Oklahoma Farmhouse, but I'm going to call it HOME! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

Re: New Nova Scotia Home

Looking very nice. I'm sure you will enjoy your retirement. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just remember; no holidays or weekends off!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Egon, I am already finding out about the no "weekends and holidays off" rule when building a house. Although I hired a builder, I am handling sourcing the flooring, tiles, lighting, all the fixtures, etc. myself, plus I looked after getting the septic design done and am contracting that out separately too. Every trip up to the site (about an hour and a half away) I have a load of "stuff" to take up!
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

Ian, I think Egon meant no weekends or holidays off when you retire. But that does look like a nice place.

Yes, Bird is correct. I did mean no weekends or holidays after retirement. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You should give yourself a pat on the back for all the work done. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gary may be able to confirm this but it has been alleged that there is a house in Oklahoma that requires one to pack a bag lunch just to walk from one end to the other or from side to side!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

After retirement, when Friday comes, it just means there are only two more working days left till Monday.

Actually Egon, by distributing "feeding stations" (basement kitchen, wife's tea room upstairs, and the like I don't have to pack food or water most of the time.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

That may be Pat; but, how about restocking expeditions? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Egon, Once we found a tire type for my wifes electric golf cart that wouldn't make marks on the tile and didn't hurt the carpeting on the floors or the stairs she has been able to keep all the food caches replenished without help from the boy scout troop.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: New Nova Scotia Home - Finished !

Just thought I'd share the finished product. I am very happy with the result. Now, to get on with the rest of my life! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Ian M.

Re: New Nova Scotia Home - Finished !

And from another angle - [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Ian M.