Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Nova Scotia Home

Re: New Nova Scotia Home - Finished !

Gary, you sure did hit a lot of the nicest spots in NS - next time plan to visit Peggy's Cove - it's a bit touristy but pretty, and the Annnapolis Valley and some other historic areas not far from Egon, like the Acadian Coast (where some of the Acadians were expelled from before they ended up in Louisiana). Funny you mention Newfoundland, I was just over there today on a business trip, to the other end of the island from where you were.

And yes, Pat, it is a bit Frank-Lloyd-esque, I liked that look. And I suspect you are saying that tongue-in-cheek about the pergola affair over the porch. Everybody figures I should cover that nice architectural detail over with fibreglass panels or whatever, but it's just meant as an architectural detail to let the light in all those east-facing kitchen windows. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I don't need any more covered deck, what with the 16 X 16 3-season screen porch at that corner of the house. I have to cut down about 10 tall poplar trees yhough to give me a more clear view out to the river.
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

Re: New Nova Scotia Home - Finished !

Right again, it was just an attempt at humor. I wasn't kidding about the F.L. Wright look though. It is sort of reminiscent of the Prairie home style if you squint just right. Quite good looking!

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"