Thread: Nuisance permits/Hunting privileges

Nuisance permits/Hunting privileges

Hello to all,
    My name is Henry I'm Staff Sergeant in the Army on active duty currently stationed in Virginia just outside of Washington D.C. After many months of the Army sending me to fun and exciting places and attending schools I finally have time to take a breath and do some hunting. I'm trying to find anyone who would be willing to allow me to hunt their land whether during normal big game hunting seasons or eliminating nuisance animals like coyotes, ground hogs, deer and hogs etc. I enjoy it all and I'm very proficient with rifles and archery and can travel extended distances. I have attended several hunter safety instruction courses and was a Hunter Safety Instructor for the state of Arizona. I will be greatly appreciative of any opportunities afforded to me and information that you may provide.

Sincerely,
    Henry

Re: Nuisance permits/Hunting privileges

I can't help with your request, but welcome to Country by Net and thanks for your service! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary, thank you for the warm welcome. It's become very difficult now days to find land owners that will allow people to hunt on their property. Many have been turned away by bad hunters, fears of law suites or they want to charge outragous fees. I have been reading some of the other topics listed on this site and found many of them enjoyable to read and the members seem very friendly and respectful. Thank you again for the welcome and your support of the troops it means a lot to us.

Henry, I too wish to express my thanks for your service and welcome you to CBN. I was never in the MILITARY myself, I was in the Air Force. I volunteered for service during the little SE Asia fracas and was in from 63-67, 4 fun filled years (NOT.)

I'm afraid that I'm probably a ways outside your convenient commuting distance as I am in south central Oklahoma but I'd be happy to have you bow hunt my place. With your experience I don't think you would have too much difficulty telling white tails from Angus.

I get the odd shot in every so often at beaver (do better with traps) and haven't tried to shoot the bobcats, coyotes, or mountain lions. The puma-cougar-panther-mountain lion (same animal different label) would be an exception. I haven't shot at any because it is my wife who spots them in our back yard once in a while. I only saw one, a juvenile running across the road. I got within 100 ft but 100 ft with a baby Glock in .45ACP with a running target in tall grass (by the time I got close) would have been a real "hail Mary" and it would have been gone before I could park and get out of the car. I'd shoot a big cat as they will bother the stock but the rest don't bother me except beaver who of course fell large nice trees and I am running short of those.

Again, welcome aboard!

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"