Thread: Popcorn revisited

Hybrid View

Re: Popcorn revisited

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Our peanut butter is the old fashioned kind, only peanuts and a little salt with NOTHING ELSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a peanut addict, I used to buy raw shelled jumbo peanuts every year just before Thanksgiving by the hundred pound sack at the Lee County Peanut Company in Giddings, TX. I started that in the days before I'd ever heard of a microwave oven, much less owned one, so I had to roast my peanuts on a cookie sheet in the oven. Once we got our first microwave, we started using that. I guess my peanut butter was just almost, but not quite, as pure as yours because I roasted the peanuts first, then added just enough butter to make the salt stick, then salted them. I still do that to make my own roasted peanuts to eat, but haven't made my own peanut butter in a long time. When I did, I just dumped those roasted and salted peanuts in the food processor and turned it on; takes quite a long time for a food processor, but it'll turn those roasted peanuts into peanut butter that's just as good as any you can buy. Sometimes I added a little more butter to the food processor to make peanut butter that was a bit softer and easier to spread on the bread.

Re: Popcorn revisited

Bird, You can cut the thick peanut butter with a little olive oil with good results too. It is less likely to suffer for lack of refrigeration.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"