Thread: Another two days have passed !!!

Another two days have passed !!!

Somehow a phobia seems to be attached to me. Something like the cloud of flies around pigpen in the comics! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Yesterday I arrive at a job site to find one flat tractor tire. Fortunetely an inexpensive Canadian Tire 12 volt air pump blows it back to a proper pressure and it holds for the day. Flat again this morning so it as well as one front tire that was loosing pressure slowly were taken to shop to be fixed. Back tire is fixable but front tire has numerous pin holes and will require a tube which is not available. All okay as the front tire will hold air and maybe I'll put some slime in it. Tires back on tractor and Al's well.

Seeing as the day is shot decide to stay home and look into the bandsaw motor which quit several days ago. To get access to the bandsaw some stuff must be rearranged outside so there is a place to pile stuff. Pick up my thickness planner table and stuff breaks off it. So now I got several jobs.

Anyway, some how I take another look at the bandsaw and find a connection hidden by junk that has come loose. Push it together and all is well. This is after I'd spent an hour or so frigging around with different cords and plug ins. Now the Band saw is fine.

Go to fix the planner table which requires use of the planer to get some short boards to the proper thickness so all will match up with the table top. No problem with that??? yea, on the first board there is a clattering and clacking and the planner is shut down. Upon removal of an inspection panel its noted that the lower drive pulley has broken! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Now it just happened a new drive pulley was sitting on my writing desk. After several false starts it was finally installed and appears to work well. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The planner table is now fixed with an addition ledge to slide boards back on. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm Happy and tired. Go for a beer or two of Check origin and decide not to tempt fate anymore for today. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just a slave to TOOLS !!! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Another two days have passed !!!

Egon, I have had days (sometimes weeks) I'd gladly trade for a comparatively nice and successful day like yours.

I have got so frustrated I just sat down and in my imagination ran through some of the things I'd do, throw, break, or cuss at if I weren't so cool and collected in the face of adversity. Then you get to work, or take a partial day off.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Another two days have passed !!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Then you get to work, or take a partial day off.

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you hit the sixpack in the fridge or the bottle above the sink. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Dennis