Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local sights

Hybrid View

Local sights

My SIL and her hubby recently visited and we took them to see a couple local sights.
    \
    www.meersstore.com/main.html The Meers store and its famous burgers was our lunch stop.

Oklahoma is celebrating its centennial now as it achieved statehood in 1907. The Meers store is older.
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Local sights

We drove up the spiral road to the top of Mt. Scott near the Wichita Wildlife area (close to Ft. Sill/Lawton, Oklahoma.)

Yes, Oklahoma has some hills here and there, we don't look like Kansas. You can see some lakes down below. We have oodles of lakes (more miles of shoreline to fish than Minnesota.)

I'm the one in the black hat (or is it just the way she is holding the grapefruit?) Note, I do not have a death grip on the railing or a safety harness.

Another direction, another lake...

Ok, enough of the lakes visible from Mt. Scott...

Here is where we had a picnic by one of our ponds. There wasn't a feeding frenzy but there was a few fish taking turns jumping out of the water while taking bugs to eat.

Taken on the streets of Tombstone yesterday sunday the 21 of Oct. Local sites? Click to enlarge.

Nice Deuce! Is it yours? I have a buddy with a deuce as one of his cars. He calls it his military surplus RV. Put in a pallet of firewood, a 55 gal water barrel, some supplies and stuff and head for the desert.

Seeing the "western color" (folks with iron on their hips) reminds me of a Hamilton Avnet (electronic component supplier) customer appreciation blowout I attended near San Diego. My then partner and I wore sixguns (with blanks) and I got conscripted to participate in a staged shootout. I imagine these days wearing a .44 mag on your hip in public would get you arrested, psychiatrically examined, chemically calmed and locked away for the rest of your life. That was about 72-73.

Neat pix. Thanks for sharing.

I'm still waiting for the buffalo pix but will get them.... some day.

Pat

Not my deuce. That one is kinda a basteredized one way far from original. There is a real nice M35 in town also. Won't find many .44mag's here but a whole lot of .45 colt and .44/40.

Bird they got two new touristy things going I have not done either but I hear they are good . A ghost tour of all the haunted places that takes place at night including the Birdcage. And an underground tour of one of the mines.

Here is a cow calf pair running in open range at the Wichita National Wildlife Refuge near Lawton, OK.