Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stand Mixers

Re: Stand Mixers

Well, we were at Costco on Saturday and bought the KitchenAid with the 450 watt motor and the crank up bowl. They had it in Red, Black, White and Silver. So bought white as it never goes out of style. It's a heavy thing too. So far all we made was a Date Pudding/cake. Worked fine though. Might try some brownies next. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I believe we'll be able to pass it down to our Grand Niece who's three years old.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Try it on a variety of pastry and breads and send me samples so I can help you through independent QA activities! I promise to provide penetrating and insightful commentary applicable to the various test subjects.

What they gettin' for that version?

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I learned pretty quickly not to turn it on more than the slowest speed when you only have the dry ingredients; i.e., flour and such in it unless you want those ingredients spread all over the kitchen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I was watching an episode of America's Favorite Home Videos and one of the things they showed was a young fellow (under the age of 10, I'm sure) who learned the same thing. Nothing like experience for a good teacher. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Gary, it sounds like you got the Professional 5 Plus Series or larger. And yes, I'd expect it to last a lifetime.

Bird, I think that's the one. It has the right motor rating anyway. It was, IIRC, $279 and it included a set of four prep bowls amd a digital kitchen timer. Not a fantastic price, but reasonable.

I love the smell of a new electric motor in the morning! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pat , I plan to stop at the store tonight and buy some cake flour and unsweetened chocolate. I found a brownie recipe in Cooks Illustrated that's supposed to be really good. So maybe I'll get to use the mixer some more.
    Gary

Uhh - you guy's do anything but cook?? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We don't have all that good salted cod you live on up there in the Great White North! We have to cook our food. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary

One look at my belly and you'd think I didn't do anything but cook and eat. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Sight of my toes is only a distant memory but I don't cook well and don't eat much at any one time. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Garry; salt cod is only a memory! The fisheries are a thing of the past! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Besides my Doctor has said "No Salt"! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

So then where did the cod tongues I ate when I was in New Foundland come from?
    Gary

Imported from china! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]