Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pet Euthanasia Option

I have had pets die but haven't had to put one down yet so I am so sorry for your loss. I think sometimes we are kinder to our pets than people, this might cause a stir but when our pets are in pain and not going to live much longer we put them to sleep, yet with people we do everything to hold onto them. I think it is cruel and if it were me I would want to drift to sleep and never wake again too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
    I have had pets die but haven't had to put one down yet so I am so sorry for your loss. I think sometimes we are kinder to our pets than people, this might cause a stir but when our pets are in pain and not going to live much longer we put them to sleep, yet with people we do everything to hold onto them. I think it is cruel and if it were me I would want to drift to sleep and never wake again too.
    I agree. I once told my primary care physician that I figure Jack Kevorkian was the best doctor in the country. He disagreed, but he's medical director for a hospice group, which I guess is the second best thing.

I would like to add my sympathies here as well. I had to put my 18 year old Jack Russell Terrier down yesterday and we are devastated. He was a wonderful companion and was very loyal. He was in pain and was so confused he didn't know who we were a lot of the time. Again let me tell you I'm so sorry for your loss.

Well, our dog is still going. She's enjoying the summer. Still having accidents at night. Hasn't been whining so we assume the increased pills for her arthritis are working for her. It's easier for her in the summer but the winter is the tough one. Sometimes she's like a puppy in the sunshine. I guess you're right there is no one that can really tell you when but when the fun in her life ends then we'll have to deal with putting her down as we don't want it to get to the point of just laying around and not enjoying being a dog.

(pitbulls I meant)they are now banned in ontario,canada, along with other "fighting' breeds, I don't think this the answer either.,