Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet store mistake

Pet store mistake

Made the mistake of letting the wife go into a pet store to buy a couple of new dog beds. Here is the bed she bought.

Learning from old dog.

Tasting the cat.

The cat catches these things and feeds then to the dogs.

Re: Pet store mistake

Cute dog. That's what you get for letting her go by herself. I've gotten several cell phone calls from my wife while she was at PetSmart. Luckily, my resounding "NO,NO,NO" over the phone has worked up till now.

Looks like you got a good "mouser" there too. A while back, I was at the barn where we keep our horse and I heard a young girl (7 or 8) say to her Mom as they were walking down the aisle: "Look Mom, Spaz (barn cat) caught a mouse and is playing with it". Then I heard a small crunch and the girl scream "EWWW, he's eating it!!!". Mom and daughter turned and ran out of the barn. She learned a Nature lesson that day. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I realize this thread is supposed to be about the new dog, but what kind of cat is that? That's the coolest looking cat I've ever seen. It looks huge!

Can I have it?
    *** What we've got here is failure to communicate ***

Eric, Google on ocelot cat. Striking similarity, huh?

I'm not a cat person but have had 2 seal tip Siamese. I paid $5 for the kitten and gave it to a lady who NEEDED it. I got the Tom for free because he had sent two people to the infirmary when handled inappropriately, Unfortunately for me, he was so friendly he didn't come home one day.

Don't really want any cats but I would make an exception for something like the ocelot cat.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

The cat is a Bengal. He larger than most and is a ferocious hunter. He is not afraid of dogs and actually goes and hunts rabbits along with the dogs. Supposedly they were somehow bred from bengal tigers about 6 generations back. He was supposed to be an indoor cat but that lasted about three days and now he stays outside most of the time. The dog now looks like this.

Out of curiosity I checked up on the Bengal cat.

The Bengal is a relatively new hybrid breed of cat developed to have a gentle and friendly temperament, while exhibiting the markings (such as large spots, rosettes, and a light/white belly), and body structure reminiscent of the wild Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis). In other words, a Bengal cat has a desirable "wild" appearance with a gentle domestic cat temperament.

The name Bengal was derived from the taxonomic name of the Asian Leopard Cat (ALC), as shown above, and not from the more widely known Bengal Tiger species, which is unrelated to the Bengal's ancestry.

Specific registered characteristics of the Bengal cat can be found on the International Cat Association (TICA) website.

Seems the Bengal cat has as much to do with the Bengal Tiger as the Great Dane had to do with Denmark. The Great Dane was an official breeding project of the German Government although they called it the Deutche Doge. Anti-German sentiment made for bad PR for Deutche Doge so the "spin doctors" renamed it Great Dane to be more PC. An almost identical breed was done in Great Britain and mostly the two are now interchangeable.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I mentioned in another post shomewhere that we'd lost or dog of 14 years about a month ago. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, Saturday we wandered by a PetsMart where they were hosting adoptions and we now have this guy! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary,
    cute dog and you did a good deed by adopting an existing animal in need of a good home. Is that Smiley Jr. or Smiley II [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Wife and I are still getting used to being dog-free. Going to give the carpets a good shampooing before Christmas. It will probably take a while to get all the dog hair out of the house though.

His name is Snowy, and so far he's a delight. He made sure my toes were nice and clean before we went to bed last night! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Nice dog Gary. Looks to have a fair share of border collie in its blood.