My 36x48 bld with 12"12 pitch gable roof and 21x48 open on one long side attached shed with 3:12 pitch shed roof was from Miracle truss/Miracle Steel company, a DIY kit yielding an all open span bld with no internal supports required except at the periphery of both sections (main bld and shed.)

I use half of the 36x48 as a 3 car garage and the other half is a two story shop with 10 ft ceiling on ground floor and 12 ft upstairs. Upstairs is smaller floor space but has two large dormers.

This building is attached to my house so that the two two gable roofs have a 45 degree turn. I have a foundation under all this. and it is slab-on-grade.

There are several examples within a few miles of me where folks built pole barn type shop buildings and finished out at least part of the inside to live in while building their house and decided they liked it and made it into their permanent residence and built another shop.

My vertical strength members are in some instances I beams bolted to the slab and in some places C channel sheet metal. I have no complaints on the materials of my building or the details of constriction and would buy from them again.

I did not finish it out as a metal building. It is finished in brick and vinyl siding to match the house and there is no way from the outside to tell it is steel.

There are others here with more pole bld experience than I have. I will building my first soon. A concern I have is rigidity. A pole barn used as a barn can flex a bit in hard winds and cause no problem. If the walls were drywalled I'd think they might show some cracking if you didn't build it super stiff.

Pat