Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Skiers?

Re: Any Skiers?

With size 13 one does not require skis. You are already wearing them! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My Red Wing Wellingtons are size 14. I was told the next size up came with oars.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

One of my Grandfathers wore a size 14! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Me; I got troubles finding a real comfortable size 6-3/4. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I've heard that size 14 shoes are cheap. You just buy the box! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I coulda been tall if they hadn't turned so much under making my feet.

Pat

Interestingly enough, shoes aren't ordinarily more expensive in the larger sizes (at least up to 14) but shirts and coats and such cost extra much of the time in sizes above XL. Mostly I need XXLT for a good fit but sizes are so unreliable I have stuff that fits acceptably in sizes ranging from XL to an occasional XXXL. A new neighbor has square feet like a buddy of mine. They need something like a size 10 or less but in something like many E width. This translates as buy them too long and feel like you are wearing clown shoes or custom made. Custom is super expensive these days.

I'm glad that I ONLY NEED size 13 most of the time as they are pretty easy top find in many styles.

I'm not sure if I have a lower PSI rating than you guys due to the large footprint. Considering my weight (250lbs) I may not be a snow shoe rabbit kind of guy after all.

Pat

My youngest brother said he had better boots in the Air Force than most of the guys because they were so big they had to be special ordered. I'm not sure just what size they were, but he said the size was two and a half. Two cowhides and half a keg of nails.

There was a seargent Hogan (like in "Hogan's Heroes" which was the name of the section bowling team he was in) in the training devices section at Minot AFB who wore size 14 which back in the 60's was not a commonly available size. Government issue boots were made with room to wear two pairs of socks, generous in space. I still have a pair of jump boots I bought at the BX in the mid 60's. They are size 12 and fit like the 13's I buy in stores now with the exception of the size 14 Red Wing Wellingtons. The jump boots are still in pretty good shape as I had an extra HD lugged sole added on top of the stock sole in the late 60's and it shows little wear. I used them for desert motorcycling and they were great protection.

Pat