Thread: New member from western Pennsylvania

New member from western Pennsylvania

I am a new member, a retired fabricator. My wife and I are renovating an old house. Been at it for about 3 years. Moved to Pa from Texas and we love the summers here. This forum has a lot of things in it that interest us. Thank you.

Re: New member from western Pennsylvania

Glad to have you join us. I know lots of people move from up north down here to Texas, but didn't think anyone went the other direction. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, when I was doing gas leakage surveys, some of the nicest folks we met were the people in the Sayre, PA, area.

I worked at the then Boeing plant in Corinth, quit in 1996 to run my own little business. My wife and I lived in Lancaster, Texas before we moved to Pennsylvania.

The old Boeing place has been vacant and for sale for a long time. It recently sold to some outfit that plans to lease out portions of it, but so far it still appears vacant. We just bought this house in Corinth a little over 2 years ago. Before retiring from the City of Dallas, we lived in the southwest corner of Dallas, west of Duncanville.

Welcome to CBN.
    It wasn't too subtle, how you said you enjoyed the summers in Pennsylvania. My wife would love to have a house up north for the summers, and be in Texas for the winters.

I will admit that the winters up here have lost some of their novelty but Texas also has some cold weather. On balance, the brutal summer weather in Texas is the greater burden over all in my opinion. Oh yes, no mosquito problems here.

Mosquito problems??? Why you just have to train them properly to move the kids and farm animals to where you want them. There's nothing better than a mosquito roundup in the winter... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome.
    Weather is like politics: Not worth arguing over. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Lliving here in Michigan, we have our share of nasty winter weather. Sometimes we won't see the sun for months, just gray gloomy. BUT, when spring does come, boy do we appreciate it. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Change of seasons is one thing I like. When winter comes, I just try and do all the honey-do things inside and then head to Colorado for some REAL winter and great skiing! People who come here from California in the summer just can't get over how lush and green it is. I have to stop and look around and say "yeah, guess you're right". Been all over the country and every region has its plusses & minuses, weather-wise. For me, the best climate is where your family is. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You are correct the best climate is where your family is.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You are correct the best climate is where your family is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the only reason I stay where I am. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]