Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am now a felon

Re: I am now a felon

Bird, IT is just another stupid idea by stupid people. Ill conceived and dumb.

Life feeds on life be it animal or vegetable, always has and always will. Artificially restructuring nature and mislabeling it civilization not withstanding, claiming to be more highly evolved because you don't use animals for food is stupid and typically motivated by wrong thinking ideas not supportable by reason or facts in evidence but usually requires some fanciful leap of faith on the order of believing in the tooth fairy or Easter bunny.

I for one truly believe that ethical treatment of animals includes humane slaughter for food.

Pat

Pat

"I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I for one truly believe that ethical treatment of animals includes humane slaughter for food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've personally killed many chickens, rabbits, and birds for food. I've helped dress out hogs and cattle that were actually shot by my dad. I've killed and dressed out deer. And of course, I've killed more than a few fish, crawfish, shrimp, crabs, and clams for food, and even a few turtles.

I have no desire to kill anything; in fact would prefer not having to kill the animals, but I do eat meat, so I would kill animals if I had to. Otherwise, I just hope whoever does the killing does it as quick and painlessly as possible.

After all . . ., all those animals, including us, are going to die someday anyway.

Straying back toward the original topic (local laws and animals), our township recently applied to the DNR to ban bow-hunting of deer. The twp is suburban now but still has parks, flood plain, etc. that contain some amount of deer. DNR turned them down, saying laws already ban hunting within 450' of a residence, there hasn't been a complaint in the last decade and a public hearing resulted in 2 attendees (1 for and 1 against). BUT, the DNR said they could ban it on twp property which was already the case due to a local ordinance. So the twp is having signs made up for all the twp parks. My gripe is just that they are spending a lot of time and money on a problem that doesn't exist.

Bureaucratic self important bucolic types need projects to exemplify their necessity and importance of the continuation and escalating regressive people management systems! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Egon,
    Wow! What a mouthful! You used all $2 words in that reply! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I had to read it twice to make sure I understood what you were saying AND ....... I agree wholeheartedly!!1 [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Spellcheck and grammar check! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Me, I'm partial to little words. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, I guess I will be charged along with JimBrown. I live in a rural area 35 miles from town. When I built here there was no one around, not even grid power. I had concrete left over from one of my pours and decided to make a "cement pond" as from "The Beverly Hillbillies" for the poor jack rabbits, birds, coyotes, Kit fox, etc.etc.

We really enjoy the wild life, late in the day, Doves come here from miles around, there must be 2 or 3 hundred that line up to drink. I know they all made it before I came along with water, But now in the 5 years I have been here there seems to be more wild life. I feild fenced and snake fenced about 2 acres in the back to keep my dogs safe from the coyotes and rattlesnakes. Maybe I should look into a sign, No Coyotes allowed.
    Yanmar FX42d, Koyker 155 FEL, R4 indys, Gearmore w/ T&T.

I believe that is prefaced by 'Hold my barley pop'
    No fun, change the rules!!!

Is that an ACME bird waterer?

I live in an area with coyotes everywhere but that is the first time I have saw a pic like that or actually taken a look at them. That must have been awesome to witness even with the stupid law in affect. The most I see close to me like that is gators, snakes and deer.