Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the meaning of life?

What is the meaning of life?

Well thought I would pick your brains. So what do you think the meaning of life is?
    Don't fear your life one day will end, fear you did nothing with it.

Re: What is the meaning of life?

Life is sorta like life. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's quite possible we do not even really know what life may be. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Only a bureaucratic committee picked by a committee of bureaucrats would make an attempt at defining an indefinable as they are unaware of what the definable is and do not have the imaginative scope to realize their own limitations let alone admit to them. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Does this help??

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ok Egon you have had way too much education. hahahaha

My meaning of life is to spread happiness, grow pretty flowers for sad people to brighten their day. Grow vegetables for the retired farmer to still have a part in creating something people need. Everyday I am out there in the hot greenhouse I try and appreciate what I do or it is not worth not getting paid. That is my reason.
    I am a widow and have struggled with wanting to live myself, after my husband passed away it is so important to knowing in your world "What is your meaning of life".

Truth be told I'm uneducated and quite ineducable. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Perhaps the thoughts you are after may refer to fond memories of yesterday, contentment with today's activities and a desire to to engage in tomorrows schedule of events! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

I have it on the competent authority of Douglas Adams (DEEP THINK a computer project run for millennia to answer just one question) that the answer to the question of what is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything is 42!

This startling revelation and many other useful tidbits of knowledge can be yours for the price of a few paper back books (or save a buck and a tree and visit the library.) A tetrology starting with "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams (now deceased) will expose you to this and other meaningful philosophical knowledge.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I guess what I was getting at is what is your meaning to life. What drives you? There are so many people that have different reasons for doing what they are doing.

By the way I ordered the book, my 13 year old son said 42 also.

Aha, you wish to know the genetic background and how all the synapse and wires and thingies we don't know about are connected between the grey cells and the rest of us and how they collect and disburse information detected and why they affect what we are and how we are??? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Or is it I am who I am because I am! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I like siting in the sun room with the smell of summer roses wafting through the window while I contemplate on how to count up to 42 with only limited appendages available to keep track on! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

YES....... thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!

I can't answer your questions as it is stated. But I think I could answer, "What is the meaning of your life?"

The meaning of my life is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. That will be different for all as he made us all different. Meaning, for me, comes from pursuing my interests to the exclusion of what society values. I think we all get too caught up in work, money, insurance and retirement plans and end up losing all opportunity to pursue our dreams and have a good time.
    Best Regards,
    Highsmith

Then are contemplative days spent in the sun room amid drifting lilac scent wondering why a number system to base 10 was picked rather than one to the base 6 or 9 or even 42. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]