Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the meaning of life?

Hybrid View

What is the meaning of life?

Well thought I would pick your brains. So what do you think the meaning of life is?
    Don't fear your life one day will end, fear you did nothing with it.

Re: What is the meaning of life?

Life is sorta like life. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's quite possible we do not even really know what life may be. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Only a bureaucratic committee picked by a committee of bureaucrats would make an attempt at defining an indefinable as they are unaware of what the definable is and do not have the imaginative scope to realize their own limitations let alone admit to them. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Does this help??

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ok Egon you have had way too much education. hahahaha

My meaning of life is to spread happiness, grow pretty flowers for sad people to brighten their day. Grow vegetables for the retired farmer to still have a part in creating something people need. Everyday I am out there in the hot greenhouse I try and appreciate what I do or it is not worth not getting paid. That is my reason.
    I am a widow and have struggled with wanting to live myself, after my husband passed away it is so important to knowing in your world "What is your meaning of life".

Truth be told I'm uneducated and quite ineducable. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Perhaps the thoughts you are after may refer to fond memories of yesterday, contentment with today's activities and a desire to to engage in tomorrows schedule of events! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

I have it on the competent authority of Douglas Adams (DEEP THINK a computer project run for millennia to answer just one question) that the answer to the question of what is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything is 42!

This startling revelation and many other useful tidbits of knowledge can be yours for the price of a few paper back books (or save a buck and a tree and visit the library.) A tetrology starting with "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams (now deceased) will expose you to this and other meaningful philosophical knowledge.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I guess what I was getting at is what is your meaning to life. What drives you? There are so many people that have different reasons for doing what they are doing.

By the way I ordered the book, my 13 year old son said 42 also.

Hey, Ruth.
    I think you are baiting us, by posting this in the gardening section. I hope your gardening endeavors bring joy to others, as that will bring some joy to you, too.
    Highsmith mentioned our TRUE calling.
    Additionally, though, I am wondering what my permanent contribution to mankind can be. Having recently passed the half-century mark, I feel the need to do something lasting; something to change the human race for the better.
    Then I think, eh...
    OK, that's it. That's the extent of my probing thoughts for the year. I'm with Scarlett- I'll think about that tomorrow.

It could also refer to a quiet spring lakeside fire watching hydration evening contemplating the disappearing actions of the Grebe or Loon or the Merganser and wondering why they have no interest in deposing the Black Ducks feeding on the corn float. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ There is no such think as a quiet lakeside spring evening ]

Egon

The reason for posting this in the gardening section is most people looking in the gardening section are more accepting to the question rather than someone looking in the hunting section.

Nope I am not baiting anyone, just was wondering what others thought. Lately in the news they say the younger and older people are more content.

Content can mean so much. I think we get to a point to where we are more accepting of what others do and not judge, we are just happy with where we are. I know most everyone have come from some sort of difficulty and are so grateful for just being here.

Content can also mean being happy with your bank account or new car.

In the end the meaning of life to me is to be good to others, to be understanding, to be nice, without it being required to get to heaven.... you just wanna be helpful, like you Egon and Pat I see you guys giving all kinds of help it just amazes me how much knowledge you have. And you share it with us just because.

Hope I didnt get too heavy with all this. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Hey was that movie where the "Thanks for all the fish" came from. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Then of course the meaning of life may be the internal well being felt as one gives some vine ripe Brandywine tomatoes to a neighbour! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon