Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the meaning of life?

Re: What is the meaning of life?

Drying, never thought of doing that with the larger tomatoes, great idea. I have had customers tell me of drying the Roma.

The Heirloom tomatoes arent a real good seller, people like pretty tomatoes, I think those that do try the heirlooms love the flavor. I have been getting a couple different kinds every year of the heirloom so people will try them. I could be wrong but are the heirloom from their own seed. With all that is going on in the world it would be a good idea to have those seeds around if something bad happens.

I found a little cucumber that is really cute, I'll look up the name.....ROCKY. Its a little pickling or just eat by the handfulls. It is in the Totally Tomato and Burpee books. Quite expensive. Have you tried the Armenian, man oh man my absolute favorite!!!!!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Don't fear your life one day will end, fear you did nothing with it.

Originating in Alberta my gardening experiences are very limited! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Have you ever gone to the Buchart Gardens? Sounds like you know what your doing in your garden. I have been into greenhouses for a long time but don't always have time to try everything to know what I am selling.

What is your zone? Ours is 5. I had a fella tell me the Goliath is the best tomato for up in the hills, I tried it and it was the same as others just thicker skin. Maybe it was the plant was hardier so he could plant it earlier.

Yes I've been to the Butchart Gardens more than once. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Here in Nova Scotia we are in Zone 4 or 5 depending on the year. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

No idea on what Goliath is. Out here Beefsteak, Roma's and Nova Scotia's seem to be the popular breeds. I'm not really happy with either of them. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Why would I pick that out of the post? Why would it be put in the post?

You said, "The reason for posting this in the gardening section is most people looking in the gardening section are more accepting to the question rather than someone looking in the hunting section."

Is that not a clear indictment of the people looikng in the hunting section as NOT being the sensitive types with which you wish to communicate? You have claimed they are less accepting.
    Maybe I don't understand what you mean by less accepting. I have known several hunters and at times been a hunter so please tell me about our common shared "less accepting" trait.

Consider my previous post as a psychological test, a sort of glass half empty or glass half full sort of thing where your intent is best determined by the manner and intensity of your defense, if any, to my challenge.

Stereotyping, however slight, is still not a good thing. . I think it is inappropriate to assume facts not in evidence.

I often speak up saying what I think when silence would serve me better as evidenced by this and the previous post.

I garden more than I hunt but never considered that as good or bad.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Oh Pat, I feel whatever I say will be blown up into something that its not. I will not defend myself anymore. I will take those words back and hope you will stop.

As this is the area to talk about gardening, here's a story:
    A gardener casts seed in his large garden. Some seed falls on the walkways between the plots, and the birds quickly eat it. Some of the seed falls where there is a lot of gravel and rocks. The plants sprout quickly, but soon the sun dries them up (as there is not enough moisture in the soil) and the plants die. Some seed begins to grow in a place where there is a large number of weeds. The weeds choke out the growth of the plants, and they die. But other seed falls on good ground. The last group of plants grows well, and the gardener has a good harvest from these.
    We aren't allowed to discuss religion in these forums. But if you treat other people the same way that you would like to be treated, you are doing better than most folks, and are following one of the tenets of the founder of a major world religion.

And with that, I hope we can all calm down and play nicely.

I totally understand, thanks for the nice story. I am trying to fix it but I keep sticking my foot in my mouth.

I can't take it back its been too long to edit.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    I am sooooo sorry.

I will go away as soon as this is all fixed by the moderator. I asked him to remove this discussion. I really hope he does. I so didnt think it would go this way. Like I said I really am sorry. Ruth

What's to be sorry about??? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Quite a welcome to the forum.

Pat and I have had friendly discussions on the bullet resistance of armadillos, the originality of some of my stories, and other topics. That's what makes this all fun. I hope Pat isn't deeply offended; we would all lose our aspirations to someday own a South Central Oklahoma farmhouse if he 'picked up his marbles and went home'. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]