Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HAY BALE SAWHORSE

Re: HAY BALE SAWHORSE

Them's the ones you use for real rough stuff. After you find a nail with the good blade of course! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

JML, You need to learn patience. 10 years is not nearly an adequate time to store/save old useless blades!

As Egon said, there are uses for old blades. Cutting nail infested wood is one but there are others. You can press an old blade into service to cut light sheet metal. They can sort of cut Hardie board. I saw a pretty clever guy turn his old blade around backwards when he wanted to cut... hmm, was that light sheet metal, Hardie panel or what? I don't recall right now.

You can also make a mobile out of old blades or a wind chime, or both. I have seen lots of paintings for sale at flea markets done on old saw blades. Find an artist into slop art and give them the blades. IF yo do a project where you need a small piece of good steel, the blade may be THE THING. I have made small putty knives out of scrap metal strapping off a crate by adding a wooden handle. You can do similar with bandsaw blade material.

Old saw blades make good pellet gun or BB gun targets and RING OUT when hit. Good for more powerful guns too but you have to beware of the possibility of ricochet.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You can also dual up the old blades and make an "emergency" dado. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Pat, .... speaking of machine variations...... one of the most difficult vehicles I ever drove was a Model T Ford. You have to press on your brain and keep pressing on it to make yourself PUSH the far left pedal to GO and then HOLD the far left pedal halfway and then PUSH the Right hand pedal for reverse, and then for high gear you take your feet off everything. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] My dad told me that folks who learned to drive in a Model T had a difficult time with a clutch and transmission car. A "T was basically a manually operated planetary transmission, an automatic without the automation. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Did you get "into" candles on the dash for defrosters and backing up hills when low on gas?

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"