Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well and softener problems

Re: Well and softener problems

That's a new one on me. I have heard of the in well tank. I forget the name, but it is all stainless steel and is used in conjunction with a Cycle Stop Valve. I don't know how good they work, but I sure don't like your setup after looking at the diagram.

I'm with you, put all the goodies up top where they can be tested and you can put your hands on them.

bob...

Re: Well and softener problems

You don't want a rope, they usually cause much more grief than not and when you go to use them, they tend to break easily. They attach off center and cock the pump when pulled. When they fall down the well, they can cause serious problems in pulling the pump or cause a stuck pump and that can ruin a well.

I don't like anything in the casing where you have to lift it out of the casing to get to it.

A threaded pipe with a tee and handle pieces of pipe out of it wider than the diameter of the casing is a much better choice than a welded hook on a pipe. That allows you to pull it straight rather than off set and if it falls you don't lose it all down the well.

If you have galvanized pipe, it will be quite heavy to pull.