Thread: yes another Q-about pole building

yes another Q-about pole building

i was just wondering if and body ever build a pole or post garage with the poles or post on the top i have been told you can and you cant i just like to look at my options . like i sad other than years ago helping do some building i am new at this. i am glad to have this site love all your ideas thanks . i saw hangers 6"x"6 i have been told and saw on here on a different site you buy these pour your cement in suno tubes and then put these in level and then nail or bolt your post to them is this strong or not worth it please help me .

Re: yes another Q-about pole building

Using a concrete base to attach the pole to will work. You just need to be have sufficient lateral bracing for the length and breadth of the building. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Try http://www.socketsystems.com for commercial anchoring devices. You could also "roll your own". I've considered these, but not for a builging with a large free span and no cross walls to help brace the side walls. I'm sure anyone selling these components can give advice on proper use. Or you could have a pro spec it out. Also, I don't know if you'd save any money over burying the poles. I don't think the anchors and bolts would be cheap.

thanks guys for your info, yes i have been on socket systems and sounds great, i also found a site called www.powrfab.com but they are about 60.00 to 70.00 dollars each.i have the basic way i want it but just going back and forth with it on the lumber pt 17 post for 1,380.00 + tax or 17 hemlock post for 433.49 with tax i know that the pt is better and last but here there are a lot of old pole barns with ceder or hemlock and are still up after all these years. i was just thinking about the brackets people have told me this is what you should do it then your post would be on top of the ground not in it . i am probity going to go with the 4' in the ground one bag of 45lbs of cement and back fill it . but i like to get all the info i can i have a small budget of 5,000.00 and next year do more on it. i am trying to save money but not make a death trap also . thanks again for your help and ideas guys .

i just want to say thanks, i have not been on here long and i get ideas and help great site.thanks to pat/egon/jml755.. o yea what did you guys think of the super bowl Sunday wow what a game.