Egon, I was just the opposite; used to remember all kinds of numbers; social security, drivers license, license numbers on our vehicles, account numbers on all my credit cards, model and serial numbers of my handguns and handcuffs, in addition to things like addresses and phone numbers.

Maybe that ability came from working 5 years in the Post Office back when we sorted mail by memory, before zip codes existed. I had to memorize every block of every street in Dallas and which zone it was in, I had to memorize every address in the downtown area (zones 1 and 2) and which of 43 carriers delivered each address's mail. Then I later memorized every Post Office in the State of Texas and which bus, train, or truck route hauled its mail. But I've found that ability does diminsh with age. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I still remember my own drivers license number, but not my wife's. I do remember both our social security numbers. I only remember the account number on the one credit card I use the most. And I do still remember the serial numbers of both my handguns. But I don't even remember the license numbers of either vehicle. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But the good news is that so far, I've been able to find my way back home every time I've gone anywhere. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]