Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat...... I need a list!

Re: Pat...... I need a list!

Egon, I was just the opposite; used to remember all kinds of numbers; social security, drivers license, license numbers on our vehicles, account numbers on all my credit cards, model and serial numbers of my handguns and handcuffs, in addition to things like addresses and phone numbers.

Maybe that ability came from working 5 years in the Post Office back when we sorted mail by memory, before zip codes existed. I had to memorize every block of every street in Dallas and which zone it was in, I had to memorize every address in the downtown area (zones 1 and 2) and which of 43 carriers delivered each address's mail. Then I later memorized every Post Office in the State of Texas and which bus, train, or truck route hauled its mail. But I've found that ability does diminsh with age. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I still remember my own drivers license number, but not my wife's. I do remember both our social security numbers. I only remember the account number on the one credit card I use the most. And I do still remember the serial numbers of both my handguns. But I don't even remember the license numbers of either vehicle. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But the good news is that so far, I've been able to find my way back home every time I've gone anywhere. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Bird, there are times when my phone number is beyond me. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

At a much younger age on one survey job I worked on there were 130 points with each point having view of at least three other points. At the time I could remember all those but those days are long gone! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

What is especially perplexing is that I will forget peoples names, even ones I see every day. This has gone on all my life. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] There faces sit there clear as a bell but no name can I attach. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, that's a curse I've always lived with; forgetting people's names. Usually, not always, if I write it down somewhere I'll remember it, but if not, I'm introduced to someone and within a few minutes, I've forgotten their name. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Reople's names have always been tough to remember if they tell me their name as we shake hands. If I see their name on their desk plaque I have total photo recall, even years later. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Egon, Folks who can't recall numbers over 5 digits need to carry their phone number with them so they can phone home.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"