Thread: 6"x6" post anchors

6\"x6\" post anchors

hi all i have been looking up all the norm stuff for my pole garage 30'x32'x14' and you know the Qs i have asked. thanks for the reply's . i have my roof and trusses ordered 1,500.93 with tax. 5/12 pitch 17 of them 2' on center and my colored metal roofing too 1,266.05 with tax i think its a great deal. but thats me plus they will be ready when i am. i know all the other stuff i need and most of the prices too.but i was wondering about building above ground using post anchors on cement pads or 4' deep in ground has anyone here done this before and did it work good i had a guy say he had a prob with his camp here that was set up this way then had to go and fix it by going 4' in ground please help me on this. there is a lot of diff one's too. the local hardware stores here have them for 10.99 each socket and others are way more. thanks.

Re: 6\"x6\" post anchors

If you design for lateral and longitudinal bracing there should be no problem. You may have to get some plans showing this. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

thanks, thats what i thought, it would be a different structural design. i have books that don't show this way of building. you know how it is , friends no do it this way lol . i will go with my own way but its worth looking in to so i am. if you have a link to show how to please put it up for me thanks again.

how far are the posts going to be placed on center? 8'? are you going with all 6x6 or 4x6 in the centers. What headers are you putting in for the doors thanks just curious
    Jason