Thread: National Barn Company

National Barn Company

Hello all,
    I just came over from tractorbynet, and was looking for some opinions and recommendations.
    I am currently looking for a barn/shop/garage mainly for tractor storage. My main concerns are economic, security and weather, ie. tornados, straight line winds, hail. I am leaning to a wood framed steel building, but I'm not oblivious to the merits of steel framing. My specific question is about the National Barn Company. Anybody have one? I have also had some recommendations for Mueller Buildings (all steel). Another consideration is that I will probably have to have it built for me.
    Location is central Oklahoma, and Thanks in advance.
    Chris

Re: National Barn Company

I can comment on Mueller. They were very quick to provide an estimate for materials, and there it stopped. They could not recommend anyone in my area for installation, despite repeated calls. I feel if you are going to sell something, it's good practice to partner with a company that can get put it up. And it's not like the Mueller warehouse was a long distance from my location.

Wow, an early morning rant! I wonder what the rest of that day may hold.

Oh, welcome to CBN, Self.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

We just ordered a 30ft by 40ft barn from National. So far they've been great to work with and from what I've heard from others they do a great job. Materials are to be delivered last week of April with construction the next week if weather permits.

There's another thread on here of someone turning a National Barn building into a house and they really liked the quality of work.

I bought a 36x48 with a 21 x48 shed on the side from Miracle Steel/Miracle Truss and was truly impressed with the entire process. My GC and I with a couple additional helpers erected it. We did have the use of a SkyTrack. It has 12 ft walls and 12:12 pitch cathedral ceiling/roof. It is chronicled in the Home Building heading in the South Central Oklahoma Farmhouse thread on this site.

Drop me a PM and give me a hint as to what part of central OK and maybe I can suggest something. There are a lot of steel building erectors. I have a list but it is likely a tad too far south for you. Dee at Sherrel Steel in Ada gave me a list of reliable erectors for that general area. Sherrel Steel sells the steel and is very interested in your satisfaction and only recommends good erectors. There are lots of similar possibilities, some in Shawnee and other locations, especially OKC.

I'd be happy to help but need a bit more detail than just central OK.

Just curious that since there are so many steel building companies in OK who are definitely tuned into our weather requirements that you would be shopping elsewhere. I had some tough (non standard) requirements and happened into a good sale or would never have gone with an out of state company. Uh, that and ignorance.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"