Thread: Pole barn with metal Box

Pole barn with metal Box

I am trying to build a pole barn, and I want to frame it out of box tubing, and was wondering what size and wall thickness would be the best. I am building it 28' wide by 48' long, 12' high any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Jason

Re: Pole barn with metal Box

There would be a tremendous liability associated with someone providing you with a design. Faced with the task as you are, I would ask around to find a mechanical engineer with a PE stamp who moonlights and pay a couple hundred bucks for a design. It covers your backside if for any reason the thing falls down on anyone and building to a professionals design is safer than winging it even with help from the good ole boy squad. Your insurance folks will be happier too.

I hired a mech engineer to help me with 3 separate things when building my house (South Central Oklahoma Farmhouse thread in home building topic on this site) and in total only paid a few hundred bucks. The engineer worked her day job designing metal buildings for a metal building company. Still her, her PE stamp, and her E&O insurance were on the line standing behind the design.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"