Thread: Automatic Gate Openers

Automatic Gate Openers

Anyone have advice or opinions on automatic gate openers? I see the Mighty Mule brand at all the local places. Are they worth the $450, plus acessories? Any other brands I should look at? I'd like to get out of this whole project for less than $1,000. Thanks.
    *** What we've got here is failure to communicate ***

Re: Automatic Gate Openers

The mighty mule are ok if you do not over load them. I have one on a 16ft gate that is broke right now because the wind or someone pushed it and stripped out the screw device. It is made of nylon. You need to be sure that the gate can't sway back and forth in the wind when closed. They make a latch to do that but I have not used one.

An update here...

I bought the Mighty Mule 500 and installed it. I found it and many of the accessories for sale brand new on E-Bay, and ended up saving a lot of money. It's working fine right now, but I really don't anticipate getting more than maybe a couple of years out of this thing. The main reason is the wiring. It is really cheap, thin wiring on the main opener and all the other items, like the lock and the sensor. So far, so good.
    *** What we've got here is failure to communicate ***

Mine is 8 years old, blonde headed and getting expensive to feed.
    Oh, wait, you were talking about MECHANICAL gate openers. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I WORK FOR MY FOR MY GRAND DAD COMPANY AND WE SELL A REALLY GOOD OPNER IT IS AN APOLLO WE HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR OVER 20 YEARS CHECK THEM OUT AT WWW.SALES@LEEPRODUCTSONLINE.COM