Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What do I do?

Re: What do I do?

A very nice car. We must remember that $600 was real money back then.

One of those in restored condition would cost a mint today.

I remember when my dad paid $4000 (if I recall correctly) For a 1959 Buick that looked like the Batmobile, black with chrome trim that started as headlight rims and went all the way back to tail fins that would have provided sufficient lift to fly if the car would have gone faster. As it was it easily topped 120MPH.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat, do Oklahoma vehicle titles still show original new cost? I know they did 50 years ago and my first car, a 1946 Chevy 2 dr. sedan, originally cost just a little over a thousand dollars. Of course it was 10 years old with 90k+ miles on it when I got it in Marlow, OK, for $75.

Bird, I don't know. I haven't paid enough attention, I guess.

Pat

Bird My Dad's second new car must have been a 1946 Chevy. What ever the first year they sold them after the war. They were in such demand that he had to sneak down to the dealer on a Sunday when they were supposed to be close to pick it up. later traded that for a bright maroon 49 mercury. Now that was a good looking car wish I had it today.

I new there was "clue" about your penny remark, but I tried to research it and gave up! I am a Leo. Funny you had a siamese. I have had a siamese since I was 5. I was the weird cat lady at one time. I had 10 that were all closely related in age. My ex husband would make some horrible err and bip bam boom, I had another siamese. They all lived out their lives inside, the last dying at 19 years. With pure breds comes lots of genetic sickness. I was tired of the heartache of loosing them. Then a kitten showed up and hubby and kids fed it. Tried to let it be an outside cat, but it killed chipmunks and birds and now FAT LOUEY is inside. Coming home from where I used to board my horses, in a raging thunderstorm, a small cat was standing in the road SCREAMING. My 6 year old came unglued and now Annabelle lives with Fat Louey. I didn't want no more "stinking cats". Yesterday, a new cat, NOT NEUTERED, strolled up. I give up!
    Thank you for telling me to use gloves. Sad thing is, I had a pair of leather gloves beside me the whole time. Guess I should change my name to DUMBBLONDE!

Gone, I thought the seal tip Siamese were beautiful and the tom cat acted more like a puppy than a cat with me. Its dog like demeanor is probably what made him so neat. I got him for free when I bought the kitten. He had sent the owner lady and a couple kids to the infirmary by biting the dickens out of them. She showed me the scar on her heel. I never had a problem with him. I didn't poke him in all his orifices and pull on any body parts that stuck out like ears or whatever like the little kids did. One more victim sent to the infirmary and the family would have lost their house on the AFB so they were really trying to get him into a new home. He calmed right down with me.

I have a neighbor about 1/2 mile away who started feeding some dumped cats. They had a couple litters and now she collects chicken bones and such at the local senior center to feed them. What a mess. Way too many cats.

I am Virgo on the edge of Leo.
    http://www.usmintquarters.com/steelcents.htm

There are those lacking in social graces who would tell you to save some keystrokes for everyone and not change user names to dumbblond as it is REDUNDANT and either dumb or blond would suffice. Being the suave cultured type I would never go so far nor be so bold as to say anything like that. I offer as character witnesses: Bird, Egon, and Dave.

You should be able to band tomcats like larger stock are banded and save the vet fees. It works on goats, pigs, bulls and so forth. They dock sheep tails with the same band rig I use on bulls. The instruction leaflet went on about different uses.

It is easy and humane.

Pat