Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quick and easy

Re: Quick and easy

Egon, that cooked ice cream recipe used a half dozen egg YOLKS, so then we had to make two lemon meringue pies to have a use for the egg WHITES. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Bird, You will be a popular grand dad. Showing up with ice cream to compare against yet more ice cream is not going to go unnoticed.

I can recall visits to Mississippi, South Carolina, and Oklahoma relatives when we lived in Ohio (7 1/2 years) and many of those recollections involve cookouts, BBQ, fish fries, and other gatherings with eating involved.

I did my time turning ice cream maker cranks and was not sorry to see electric motors come into fashion. Likewise the captive chemical "ice" in my new maker will make things even simpler and easier. No need to plan ahead to have a bag of ice or rock salt.

As much as I think of Stratford peaches from Stratford, Oklahoma I have never had better peaches than I got in South Carolina. Interestingly enough, Georgia is called the "Peach State" and Georgia Peach is a term of endearment for a Georgia gal... B U T... When I was a lad, one county in South Carolina harvested more peaches than the entire state of Georgia.

They have tree ripened peaches that are tastier, juicer, and sweeter than the law should allow! Vanilla ice cream over fresh tree ripened peach halves or ice cream made with fresh tree ripened peaches is eating pretty high on the hog!

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Yep, Pat, I've been to Georgia and South Carolina and seen the peach orchards and have some pictures somewhere of the city water tower at Gaffney, SC, that looks like a peach. But the peaches I had in the freezer were bought out of season at the Walmart SuperCenter so as you would expect, they were imported from Chili. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] They were small, not the prettiest you ever saw by a long shot, but surprisingly good tasting.

I'M sorry you guys are all wrong! The best tasting and best ice cream peaches ever came off of my grandmothers peach tree in Lolita Texas. I think 1947 was the premier year not sure. What ever year I shot the only porch light out with my BB gun.

And you got the Peach Ice cream before or after as a reward for Marksmanship??? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]