Thread: They Got It Right

They Got It Right

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] every now and then you get to use a product that is so well designed that it is almost hard to believe. Just recently I had an opportunity to do that. I was helping some friends of ours; newlyweds; great couple; with a residential electrical upgrade. They own a small home with detached garage and the guy is looking at doing some welding and so forth in that garage. They are also doing a remodel and will be installing central air later this month. So, all things considered, we decided on a 200 AMP service with a 100 AMP sub panel in the house and a 50 AMP sub panel in the garage fed by a 200AMP combination meter main/distribution panel mounted on the side of the house where the original 60 AMP service cable and meter socket was attached. I bought a MILBANK XTL-200 KK cabinet for the new service and what a SWEET piece of equipment it was to work with. It has a 200 AMP bolt-in main breaker; it has spaces for FOUR 240V distribution breakers; it has THRU LUGS below the buss in case we ever need them; it has oodles of holes on the neutral bar for every size and type of conductor you can think of; and it has a "safe duct" for both the line side conductors as well as the load side conductors so it can be used for any service configuration; underground-to-underground, overhead-to-overhead, or underground-to-overhead. In addition to all that, it has an INTERLOCK KIT available so you can use it as a generator panel. It literally IS the one-can-does-it-all electrical device. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Re: They Got It Right

How much did the super widget cost?

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Meter Can with 200 A main breaker, 2" hub, four distribution breakers, interlock kit for gen set, total was 263 dollars plus tax. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

(Translation for Egon) ...or $12 Canadian.

Or two imperial gallons of 87 octane gasoline.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

How much is that in Liters?? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

A lot. Perhaps quite a lot but not a whole lot.

Pat