Thread: Wind Turbine

Wind Turbine

Does anyone on here have a small (10kwh) wind turbine on their acreage? If so, how has it been working? How long do you think it will take to make back your money?

I am in western NY and am thinking about putting one up. It can get pretty windy here and I read about a number of federal/state reimbursements for renewable energy. Plus, I like the idea of using renewable energy. We don't get enough sun to use solar panels, so wind seems to be our only practical renewable.
    Live....Laugh....Love....Learn

Re: Wind Turbine

a buddy of mine is a distributor for windstream which are very nice. he has 2 that are covering 2/3rd of the power of his big house shop and barn...

if you check their site they have wind maps to see how they will work at your local.

we are thinking about doing it but it will cost us about 12 grand to save 115 a month! thats quite alot of pay off, but we like the idea of pitching in...

Do you have their web address?

There's a site named "otherpower" where you can find directions on building your own 1000 kw wind generator. You'll have to google to find the address as I haven't visited it in 3 years and don't have it on this computer. Great plans for everything from scratch.