Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fuel Efficient 4WD Vehicle

Re: Fuel Efficient 4WD Vehicle

Unheated but wind resistant barn so they were fine and bedding. Was a late snow storm and they were due for having little ones running around. Have done shearing a -20F and they did ok, no freezer sheep! The humans were down to t shirts and sweating! During breaks, sweat would freeze in the hair and be like beads.

Guess i got used to using 4wd from the inside, no hubs. Heck do not even do that for the tractor.
    No fun, change the rules!!!

Eccentricfarmer, I figured the sheep were inside. It's amazing how much body heat a herd of animals can produce when they are contained. As for the hubs, the jeep jks and wranglers etc... used a vacuum disconnect that would engage the hubs when you pulled the transfer case lever into 4x4. I believe many vehicles now use electronic switching.

Not sure but my 2000 jeep cherokee feels and looks like a mechanical lever that is pulled on the console and connects to linkages in the transfer case. Kind of a hybrid. Have had the push button and worked fine for me but i guess others had issues.

Sheep were fine, humans snowed in, but lots of fun. Now worming the next summer was a whole different story.
    No fun, change the rules!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Them "yuppie buttons" up 'ere on 'th dash is fine fer some folks, but personally, I like 't feel them gears grind in and out. I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee and our late model Jeep Wrangler. No vacuum stuff, just a good pull on 'et dere lever and yer in FWD. I hope Jeep eventually apologizes to all of it's disciples for ever putting in that vacuum front axle disconnect; what a JOKE! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave