Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our new place in the country

Our new place in the country

Here is an areal view of our new place.....We will be moving in next month
    Live....Laugh....Love....Learn

Re: Our new place in the country

Looks very nice! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

nbarker - That looks like a great place. What kind of fish do you have in the pond?

Thanks...
    It has large mouth bass right now (also grass carp to keep the algae down). I would like to stock it with some sunfish too. I think that would be fun for my daughter to catch when she's a little older.

nbarker - let me again express my admiration for your property. Wow! With that aside....

Don't stock anything yet. Take some temp readings throughout this summer first. I take it you are upstate NY. If so, you could have a potential trophy warmwater pond or even a coldwater pond. I bring up these differences for some specific reasons. If you have a true warmwater pond you'll want to focus on a largemouth bass, bluegill and channel cat pond. If you have a coldwater pond I would suggest smallmouth bass, yellow perch and trout. If you are somewhere in between.... well there are all sorts of fun things you could do depending on how intensively you wish to manage it.

At any rate, you have an amazing place, and if I can be of any help in improving your pond just let me know.

I'm a pond addict. I'll admit it. You migh look into subscribing to Pond Boss Magazine. Fantastic stuff, and they have a great discussion forum too. www.pondboss.com. I'm weissguy there.

The folks that have been here a while will have seen pictures of the lake and campsite but for the newly arrived this is my pond. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It may even contain a trout or two! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They are safe from me and my fishing prowess! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And another pond picture.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You have beautiful property! I love the picture with the fall leaves. I can't wait to see what my property will look like in the fall. How big is the pond? Is it man made or natural?

Thank you. Can you give me some information on how to take temperature readings? We are just south of Buffalo, NY, so the weather here will be anywhere from close to 0 F to as warm as maybe 90F. I would say the average temperature in the summer is around 75 and the winter about 20. I will definitely take a look at that link that you posted.

What you need to do is get yourself a personal weather station. There are many kinds and the price varies. i would suggest one that will interface with your computer.

Look here.
    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/index.asp

and here is the data from mine.
    http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KAZELFRI2