Egon, the "OTHER" compressor is a Devilbiss 30 gal on wheels. It is 120VAC powered and is rated for 6.9 cu ft per min at 90psi and pumps up to its set point of 125 psi (well it used to.)

The big two stage on 240 VAC with the 80 gal tank pumps up to 175 psi and is rated for 9 cu ft per min at 90 psi.

The smaller one (the one you asked about) will only pump up to about 30-35 psi now and of course does not shut off. It did not suffer graceful degradation of performance, just one day it worked and the next it didn't. I was using it with my plasma cutter and I need 60 psi.

I took a brief break from writing this as my wife called me on the intercom to inform me we had a cat sitting in the driveway in front of the house. My computer is upstairs so I went and looked down from the upstairs bathroom window and sure enough there was an adult bobcat just sitting there. I banged on the glass and was ignored. I opened the window and whistled and was ignored. I shouted at the cat and was mostly ignored. Eventually it got up and walked a couple feet into the grass on the away from the house side of the drive. Meanwhile a rabbit about 15 ft from the cat started heading down the drive way in the opposite direction of the bobcat who apparently did not see the rabbit. We have a breeding population of bobcats on or near our property and sightings are not rare, even in the middle of the day.

OK, I'm back on topic... Once the portable compressor messed up I quit fussing with it. I don't know how fast it leaks or if it leaks down. I will have to plug it into some hydro and see.

Pat