[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] That is the correct spelling Pat. Buda made engines for lots and lots of applications, including Allis-Chalmers crawlers. AC went from using the two-stroke Detroit to the four stroke Buda diesel sometime in the fifties. Our propane powered furnace makes about two gallons per day of exhaust condensate. It collects in a tank and an automatic pump ejects it into the flower bed. It is slightly acidic. I see that in recent years the exhaust systems of autos are made from a corrosion-resistant alloy instead of steel. I think that condensate from these leaner, computer-controlled engines has a lot to do with that. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] A couple of years ago my neighbor grew soybean seed for the seed company and when they came to pick up the seed they brought a special conveyor that would be very gentle on the seeds and was hydraulic drive. We only had two tractors to choose from and as it turned out, the hydraulic system on the little one was just a scooch low on GPM to run the conveyor. So.... we got the big tractor and put a 230-HP engine to doing a fifteen HP job. In order to not crack bean seed we had to run VERY low RPM. THAT worried me....a lot... since the tractor had a turbocharged engine. Well, of course it slobberd all over itself; even pushing black unburnt fuel out of the expansion joint in the two-piece exhaust manifold. There was also a steady cloud of water vapor going skyward. When we got done I opened the throttle and you would NOT believe the cloud of liquid crap that came out of that engine. I found out only later that the tractor has a variable-flow hydraulic pump and we COULD have dialed it to a very low setting and then run the RPM up to a decent number, tereby preventing all the mess. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]