Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALTERNATIVE BUILDINGS PROS AND CONS

Re: ALTERNATIVE BUILDINGS PROS AND CONS

Bird; goggle Coordwood Guy and you will find him. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gee thanks, Egon. I read some of the BS available at some of the google hits on cordwoodguy. Stuff like Wikipedia explaining to him why his edits and comments were removed from the cordwood entry on Wikipedia as inappropriate. He just has so much to offer everywhere, a true legend in his own mind.

There seems to be a common thread in his oft repeated mantra.

I am right, everyone else sucks, I am right, everyone else sucks, etc.

Gee aren't we lucky to have had the opportunity to have had his fleeting attention as he scans the world for new opportunities to spread the gospel according to Cordy. Years from now we will be quoting chapter and verse from the book of Cordy and fondly remembering how he could brighten up the entire CBN site by just leaving it.

Maybe just for entertainment value and to return the favor we should join some of the boards of his or where he posts and snipe at him more than just a little.

Nah, I'd rather watch paint dry than read his drivel.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Well I don't think I have ever seen more than 10 or so log houses. Kinda fall apart out here in the dry desert. But i do remember when I was 10 or so seeing what I remember to be Daniel Boone's original log cabin some place in Ky or Tn.
    Sooooo based on that I now proclaim myself to be an expert on log houses.

Well, we could build a cordwood house in Arizona. The drafts shouldn't affect one much there but probably the air conditioning load would be up a tad.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Back in my workindays there was a saying " 10 years experience 6 months at a time" [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Wait a minute! What the hecks the difference between a cordwood and logs. Heck does a bunch of mesquite sticks stacked up with mud on em (adobe) classify as cordwood? Cuase I kinda thought cordwood was something you but in the potbelly stove.

Cordwood is a way of building a leaky house. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Back in my workindays there was a saying " 10 years experience 6 months at a time"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I learned long ago that there's a difference between 10 years experience and one years experience 10 times. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Expert? Maybe, maybe not. Did you stay in a Holiday Inn?

Do you write in all caps because it keeps emphasizing your need for special consideration when just about anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature can make the type big on their computer and not have to post in all caps all the time?

Funny conflict, huh? Smartest guy in the entire universe on every topic in the universe EXCEPT how to enlarge his display font. Very curious. I'm sure it couldn't possibly be to draw attention to his special circumstances which he has to bravely overcome on a continual basis.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Cordwood is a way of building a leaky house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey mine leaks and it ain't even cordwood.

Hey Pat I'm pretty sure it has to be a Holiday Inn Express to make you an expert.